Friday, March 9, 2007

The best of me in placements...:P

It was placement time and i had decided what i desire and was very much hopeful that i wud achieve that later or sooner. It was one pleasant morning and i had an interview to follow.So i woke up, dressed up in formals and went to the placement office and soon i was in front of the interviewer. He asked me to sit down, took out my test sheet and gave me a weired expression.I thought may be i have done something unusual and yes i had really done. I scored 8.75 out of 30 and may be was one of the worst scorer in that exam but still i was sitting in front of him, Thanks to the Royal Civil Department that allowed me to make that good CPI.Then he sits down and asks me with the expressions like what he was watching on my resume, was impossible or was the 8th wonder of the world the question or the voice of his soul finally came out as words.

You Scored a Perfect 10 ??? I calmly said yes Sir i did!!!

So he asks me to estimate the market capitalization of shirts in range of 1000-1500 in India and i took very little time in doing this and told him the exact number i calculated and i think that was reasonable enough.So he asks me the second estimation the special one to me now, the one many people have heard about after my estimation and the one that deserves special mention.

How many crows are there in Delhi ???

I was surprised that what the hell has he got to do with crows, they even dun take any place on ground which he might be concerned about, so i thought may be i haven't heard clearly and it was cows not the crows (That was the best that struck to my mind at that moment ). So i asked him 3-4 times sir is it cow or crow and every time he said it is crow. So finally i decided to go with the crows.

I took a deep breath and started troubling my mind but i was not even close to anything that i can relate with the number of crows, i was looking out of the window so that if i can see a crow may be i will be able to relate it with something somehow but time was running, so suddenly i said calmly,Sir there are 3,20,000 (0.32 million) crows in Dehli !!!

he stares at me and asks again how do u get that ... and that was the time when i thought ok lets go by population of Delhi . And so started the interaction i will never forget.

Sir birds are seen more and therefore birds will outnumber the humans. so i assumed that population of Delhi is 1.5 million and multiplied that by 10 to get the number of birds i.e. 15 million. Then i assumed there are several species of birds and as crows are common they wud claim a higher percentage so i assumed that there are 0.4 million crows (Even i wonder how i got that number but as i had fixed the answer to obtain i had only one wish get that number anyhow). It was time to apply reduction to this number and i did the same. I assumed that 10% of the all bird species are powerful than crows and so they attack them and kill them and same way a 10% reduction for dogs and cats . And after applying these reductions i got the number i wanted 0.32 million, thats it. As soon as i finished he looked at me, smiled and asked me can i relate with any other bird.

There i was thinking again and as i cudn't recall what kabootars(pigeons) are called in English i said yes sir i can relate crows with parrots without any second thought. He asked me to do it . Again my creative thinking was at the best. I said, Sir parrot is a more beautiful bird than crow and can speak like humans as well and therefore it is hunted more and so parrots will be half in numbers in comparison to crows. Again he asks can u estimate the number of parrots and again i said yes i can. He asked me to do it. so i said sir we will make sure that every parrot in Delhi eats only parrot brand food and there is only one company that produces the parrot brand food and we can keep the track of the production and of the amount of food that on average a parrot eats we can get the number of parrots and so the number of crows in Delhi.

At every single line i speak during this process he stared at me and asked in disbelief "U Scored a Perfect 10 ??? " and every time i calmly said yes Sir i did.

So he stands up wishes me best of luck and said thanx for your time i gave him a smile and moved out of the room with the memories that i wud love generations to know about ....:)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hahaha..aree KK tumhe Akbar-Birbal ki "How many crows in the city" story nahi pata thi kya???????????????????????????????? :P

Quick Fix bites said...

sahi hai...I really didnt know abt it...

Unknown said...

oyeeeeeeeeeeee.....very funny...subha subha hans hans ke pet dukh gaya....yyar man gayi tuje...

Anonymous said...

sahi hai be. Tu mera sachcha shishya hai. tapan ne to mera naam hi duboya hai bas. ab tere se hi asha hi bachi hai. vaise vo company kaunsi thi..